I photographed this wedding while rebuilding my website so I have yet to blog about it! It’s certainly not due to lack of photographs or excitement over the images. It was a beautiful wedding ceremony, one of the most memorable I’ve seen at Trinity United Methodist Church on Oxmoor Rd. in Homewood. It was the month of Christmas and one day after a surprisingly liberal amount of snow piled on Birmingham. In fact, Meredith and Scott weren’t able to have their wedding rehearsal dinner at The Club due to the icy road conditions; instead, Grille 29 hosted them and their wedding party for a delicious meal. Way to go Grille 29 for saving the day at the last minute! http://www.grille29.com/birmingham/
Meredith spent her morning getting ready at her parents’ and Scott prepared at home. They had reserved the beautiful Bridge Street Gallery and Loft https://www.birminghamal.org/listings/bridgestreet-gallery-loft/ for their wedding reception and decided to do their First Look there. I think it was an awesome decision!
We were able to see her long, detailed veil by using the stairs at Bridge Street. Coincidentally, there are many windows there making it this photographer’s favorite spot!
If you look closely, you can see left over snow on the ground. What a wild experience this was for them. Can you imagine your wedding day arriving and you don’t know if there will be guests because they might not be able to get to your wedding? I’d say that’s a little stressful. Luckily, this story has a happy ending! The snow melted and really only changed the location of their rehearsal. All other plans were unaffected.
There was plenty of dancing at their wedding! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and some never left the dance floor.
This was a gorgeous winter wedding at one of the prettiest churches in town, Trinity Methodist, and one of the coolest venues as the reception site, Bridge Street Gallery and Loft. I wish Meredith and Scott years of happiness! Check out all their wonderful vendors.
- Wedding Ceremony: Trinity United Methodist Church http://www.trinitybirmingham.com/
- Reception Venue: Bridge Street Gallery and Loft https://www.birminghamal.org/listings/bridgestreet-gallery-loft/
- Wedding Dress: Bellas Bridal and Formal https://www.bellasalabama.com/
- Tuxedo: Mr. Burch Formal Wear http://mbfwtux.com/
- Meredith’s wedding ring: Wallace Burke in Homewood https://www.wallaceburke.com/
- Scott’s wedding ring: Manly Bands https://manlybands.com/
- Florist: Lilt Florals with Brook McAfee https://www.liltflorals.com/
- Hair and Makeup: Mandy DeAraujo https://www.instagram.com/mandels_d/